I went to old navy the other day and found a TON of shirts for only 97 cents! Even if they were a little weird looking, I bought them because I figured I could find something to do with them.
Here are my stack of shirts.
I decided to do a simple cinched/gathered sleeve. First I cut the sleeves to three quarter sleeves. Then I made my sewing machine go to the widest stitch I had, and sewed straight up the arm.
I then grabbed one of the strings and pulled it until the fabric started to gather. Once I had it gathered to where I wanted it, I put the sewing machine back to a normal stich and sewed a little back and forth at each end to close off the stitch!
MY SEWING MACHINE IS BROKEN!!! I am very very very sad..................... So I am trying to come up with projects where my sewing machine is not needed, so I did another no sew shirt refashion. Here it is!
Here is my plain shirt. It is old and has stretched out a lot over time which makes it perfect for this project!
Next I cut up the side halfway up the shirt, cut to make fringe, then tied the two pieces of fringe together! (just like the shirts we all use to do in high school, but more fashionable!)
This blog is my friend Alvin's blog. He is AMAZING with food. The things he comes up with will blow your mind and he has some awesome easy to follow tutorials. He uses some difficult technicques, but he helps you through all the steps with pictures and directions. Here are some of his creations, Click Below for the Recipes:
A few weeks ago, I found this desk on craiges list for $30! It was the victim of a shabby chic project gone wrong! A few coats of primer, paint and an antique glaze over the top, it is finished! It even came with a light attachment at the top of it! Here is the process of the desk.
What do you think? I need to add a few more handles but other than that, she's done! She is also FOR SALE!
I had a LOT of coupons for JoAnn Fabrics this week. So I got this fun little iron on transfer for less than $2. Here is what it ended up as.
I started with the fun little bird transfer, my iron and a cheapo shirt that I got for $3.
Put the Bird in place, ironed it on.
All done... It didn't come out exactly like I would have liked, but hey, it gives a plain tee something. If I were to do this again, I probably would have put the bird at one of the bottom corners of the shirt!
My mind has been SO many other places, but I think I am back! I am finally feeling crafty again! Here is a new shirt refashion.
First I started out with a plain tee that had a hole in the shoulder from a project gone wrong. Then I found this little flower embellishment at jo ann fabrics for $2 with a coupon!
Next I cut off the sleeve to make it a 3/4 sleeve. I will use the sleeves to make the ruffles
I then cut othe sleeves into four pieces and sewed all the pieces together. Then, using the widest stitch on my sewing machine I sewed right down the middle of the strips, then pulled one string to make it ruffle. When I had it ruffled where I wanted, I sewed it on the shirt!
My finished shirt! After sewing the ruffle one, I sewed on the flower embellishment!