Sunday, August 21, 2011

Overall Shirt NO SEW

I am an avid watcher/gross obsession  of America's Next Top Model. If any of you have watched it over the years, I have always been in love with a shirt, winner Eva wore during her confessionals. It was a blackish tank top and one strap was an overall! I looked EVERYWHERE for a shirt like this, but after about 5 years of looking, I decided to make my own! This process is super easy, and actually requires NO SEWING! Here are the steps. 

OVERALL SHIRT!

 First, I started with a package of overall clips, and then a long sleeve shirt. A tank top, short sleeve or any sleeve shirt will work. Ignore the other stuff! Projects to come!
 Next, since I used a long sleeve shirt, I cut off the sleeves
 Then on one of the sleeves left, I cut it in half a little above where the neckline is. Then following the directions on the overall packet, nail in the button.
 Next I attached the clip portion. BEFORE you glue it down, try it on to make sure that you have pulled enough of the shirt through and that it fits right. From there I used liquid stitch to glue it into place around the buckle.
 My finished shirt!
 Excuse my son's potty in the background.. I am not the best at self portraits! The husband was napping with baby.
Horray! The shirt I have wanted for 5 years is finally mine! This would be really fun in other colors too! Have fun, and message me if you do this yourself!

11 comments:

  1. This is such a cute shirt. I love the buckle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched that show in years but I used to love it! Your shirt turned out awesome! I love the buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michelle - THIS IS SO CUTE!!!! I don't remember that shirt from the show, but I love your version - totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo!!! That is SO neat! I never would have thought to use a buckle...downright awesome! And I think I might be seeing some pleated ribbon for your next project, right? :) Can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I just pinned it to pinterest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome refashion idea!!! Although I'm kinda OCD about symmetry so I'd probably do both sides with the overall snaps, but I think it would look cute either way. Thanks for the awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat! Love that you did it yourself! it looks fabulous!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! I think this shirt turned out AMAZING! love love LOVE it, the neckline is terrific, and the buckle is in the perfect place! I'm featuring this tonight on Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautigul!!! so original!!! I am so doing this

    ReplyDelete