Friday, May 11, 2012

Dining Room Table Makeover

I haven't had any big projects lately, and I was ready to find one! So, last week we set out yard saling. There was nothing really good, but as we were passing by I saw a table out of the corner of my eye, so we decided to stop. The table was pretty beat up, but came with 6 chairs and 3 leaves! 

The chairs had pads on them, so they could be recovered, and I loved the lines of the chairs and the tables. After asking questions and seeing what else we liked at the yard sale, we ended up leaving spending $100... More than I would normally spend, but we also had them throw in a little rocking chair, and a camp chair and the table. The table can get up to 8 feet long! We are calling it our thanksgiving table!


 We think it might be a duncan phyfe.... I kinda hope it is just a reproduction since I painted it all up! Oh well. So there are the before pictures, and here the after!!!


Amazing what a little sanding, primer and paint can do! I think I will keep this table for a while! I have a tendency to change out my table every year or so, so we'll see how long this one lasts!

2 comments:

  1. i like cars infect i like car racing i want to say that these type of cars are the best and the best cars around the world.these are rarely known cars in some countries like pakistan an india and other under developing countries.i like it really i like it very much.i want to spend my whole life to this field because this is fantastic and super cool job i like it. Plymouth Scamp Power Steering Rack

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation. It is so elegant, I love it!

    ReplyDelete