Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apple Butter

Today I made apple butter with my Grandma! My Grandma is the stereotypical Grandma. Very sweet, always loving, and always trying to feed you something! She taught me how to sew when I was 6, and now she is teaching me how to can! Here is what we did, and the steps involved!

1. Peel, core and cut the apples. We used a little contraption that peeled, cut and cored the apples at once.


2. Put all the apples in a pot and fill with water so that it just covers the apples. Cood for about 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.


3. Take the cooked apples and blend them up until they are smooth.

4. After all the apples are blended, add sugar, cinnamon and cloves. For the sugar you add 1 cup of sugar for every four cups of apples. I had 12 cups of apples so I added 3 cups of sugar. Then I added about 3tbs. of cinnamon and 2 tsp of cloves.

5. Next cook it on medium heat for about 20 minutes.


6. We used a canning steamer. We put the lid on top and once it started steaming we set the timer for 20 minutes. After that we were done! And we have apple butter!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment