Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wooden Letters and scrapbook paper!

I did this fun craft a while ago, and want to do it again when we get another baby!
Supplies you will need:
1. Wooden blocks or Wooden Plaques
2, Wooden Letters (Even those cheaper cardboard letters would work)
3. Scrapbook Paper
4. Mod Podge
5. Paint
6. Hot Glue or another strong glue

I decided to do the letters of our last name!

So, yes. It is crooked hanging above my door, but we just haven't got around to fixing it!

All I did was:

1. Paint the wooden block on places that the paper will not cover up. And paint the letter also.
2. Cut out the paper to the size of the wooden block
3. Mod Podge the paper onto the block
4. Glue the letter on top of it all and it is done!

These are so simple and so cute! Next time I want to have different paper under each letter so it will be more fun and more contrasting!




3 comments:

  1. I really like the simplicity of this idea! You could really just cut the letters from a strong cardboard box and use those too!

    Thanks for linking this to A Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a lovely week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable-I love monograms and harlequin, so it's a winner in my book!I'm a follower now so come over and visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute and simple! Come link up to my party memakingdo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete