Monday, August 22, 2011

Zipper Shirt

I think I have been watching too much Project Runway. I have always loved the edgier looks where they add fun zipper details. I was watching some past seasons, and a lot of them did the exposed zipper in either the back of the outfit, or on the front. SO. I think that is where I came up with this! 

Materials:
1. Old or Cheapo Shirt. (mine was a $5 shirt from Kohls)
2. 5-7 inch zipper, depending on the look. Mine was a 7"
3. Sewing machine or needle and thread

 First, lay out your shirt and lay the zipper on top of where you want it to go. Then, while unzipping the zipper, cut down in between the zipper on the shirt.
 It should be open and look like this. Next, sew the zipper to the TOP of the shirt. I didn't do any right side to right side, I just sewed right onto the shirt. I unzipped as I went to make sure it was all lining up correctly.
 DONE! How easy is that? You can unzip it a little, leave it totally zipped, or whatever!

I am so in love and obsessed with how this turned out! I bought another zipper, so expect another zipper project!







5 comments:

  1. Cool look, and way easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! I have a real problem with something in this post, though. The words "too much Project Runway." Michelle, there is NO SUCH THING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How BRILLIANT! Love the style and it's so easy! Thanks for the inspiration!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas and tutorial. love it, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete